Monday, August 21, 2006


Thanks for looking! My first layout of ms ja'kya. a few words from the heart. Journaling reads:

credits: alpha- kristie david/shabby princess, fonts- times new roman and susies hand

Oh I have been blessed.
Such a sweet and precious gift.
A great and tremendous responsibility.
So small and fragile.
Helpless and needing.
Just for a moment though.
My baby. My new little mama.
I must kiss you and hold you.
Feed you and rock you.
Only for a moment though.
Soon, you will be laughing and talking.
Playing and walking.
Learning.
And I must teach you and guide you.
Show you and lead you.
But just for a moment though.
You were born my little girl.
Just for a moment though.
Little girls grow into big girls.
And big girls grow into women.
Wives, mothers, teachers to their own children.
But first I must love you and smother you.
Hold you and keep you.
Show you and lead you.
I only have just a moment though.
You start here.
You grow here.
You learn here.
You love here.
But you will leave here.
I must fit in all I can.
Use this time I have.
Grow you and love you.
Teach you and hold you.
God has given you to me.
But I must give you to the world.
You are mine.
My baby girl.
But just for a moment though.
Just for a moment.

5 comments:

lynne said...

So precious! She's is beautiful! And how did you get blogger to upload a photo for you, lol. I have an account on typepad, but I still have a few free days left before I decide to spend $8 a month on it.

Anonymous said...

This is breathtaking Val! Gorgeous LO and your journaling is just beautiful- wow- so heartfelt!!!!!

Laurie G

TheCatLord said...

val this is so beautiful! i love your journaling also, i need to use it myself!

Anonymous said...

Oh Val, this is so adorable!!! She looks so beautiful and peaceful!! I love the journaling.....and well....everything!!! This is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oops...that comment was from me :)
~Selena (Nina_VK)